1. Public Computer Help: Every Tuesday 10AM-noon and Thursdays 2-4PM. Our volunteer will help with computer research and printing. Free and open to the public.
2. Knitting with Arnie: Second and Fourth Wednesday evenings from 7 – 9PM. Open to all adults. Bring your supplies.
3. San Carlos Quilters Club: Second Thursday of every month at 10AM – 12PM for adults. Open to all skills levels. Bring your own supplies.
4. Tai Chi Class: Every Friday and Saturday at 10:30AM on 2nd floor in room A . For adults only.
6. Drop-in Chess for Adults: Friday, June 9th and 23rd from 10-12 PM. It’s never too late to learn how to play chess!
8. Lawyers in the Library: Tuesday, June 13th from 7-9 PM. Sign up for a one-on-one 15 minute consultation with a volunteer lawyer. The attorney for June specializes in Estate Planning, trusts and Probate.
1. Daytime Book Club: Monday, July 3rd at 10AM is At the Edge of the Orchard by Tracy Chevalier.
2. Mystery Book Club: Wednesday, June 28th at 7PM is The Dime by Kathleen Kent. July 26th is The Inheritance by Charles Finch.
ALL AGES SPECIAL EVENTS
Learn to Play Chess: Every Saturday at 11am. Chess play and basic instruction, all skill levels welcome. Chessboards and sets provided. Just drop in.
Reading Buddies: Volunteer Orientation: June 15th at 4:30PM. Help kids(K-3rd) discover a love for reading in English and other languages by becoming a reading buddy volunteer! Sign-up online or call the library.
3D Printing: Every Monday from 1-3PM and every Tuesday from 6:30-8PM. All skill levels are welcome to stop by to learn more and select and print your own objects.
Teen Programs (6th-12th Grade)
Teen Cooking; Wednesday, June 14th and 21st at 4-5:30PM. Create simple recipes and have fun!
Teen Maker Monday (upstairs Room A): Monday, June 19th and 26th at 4PM. Get your hands busy on our supplies and use your creativity to make DIY projects.
Teen Emoji Party: Thursday, June 22nd from 6:30 – 8 PM. Join us for an after hours emoji party! Crafts, music, and YouTube videos- there is something for everyone.
Maker Lab: Wind Turbines: Wednesday, June 28th at 4:00 PM.Build a small-scale wind turbine incorporating recycled materials and test how much power it can generate!
Kids DIY: (K-5th graders, upstairs room A or B): Monday’s at 3:30 PM. June 5th: Mosaic Paper Weights, June 12: Bird Feeder, June 19th: Cookies in a Jar, June 26th: Bath Bombs.
Art & Play (Ages 0-5): All Wednesdays in June (except June 21st) at10:30 AM. Come do art using all your senses and stay for play time!
Paws for Tales: Thursday, June 8th from 4:30-5:30PM. Children can improve their reading skills by reading to a trained therapy dog. Registration required and a parent/guardian must accompany the child.
Teeny Tiny Yoga with Leyna: Saturday, June 10th at 10:30 AM. Join us in breathing activities, stories & yoga poses.
CuriOdyssey: What’s on the Menu? (upstairs room A): Thursday, June 15th: K-1st grade @ 12 PM and 2nd-4th grade 1:30 PM. In nature, eating is just as important as not getting eaten! Explore the adaptations that allow animals to serve in their individual niches by seeing them in action.
Kids Movie Matinee: Thursday, June 22nd at 3 PM: Star Wars Rebel One.
Fratello Marionettes: (upstairs room A & B): Tuesday, June 27th at 3:30 PM. Enter the world of Mother Goose Land where all your beloved characters are brought to life.
Fun & Games: Thursday, June 29th at 3:30PM: Kids can play Nintendo Wii.
Storytimes: (Linger at the library for 30 minutes following most story times for open ended explorations and community time with parents, caregivers and children).
Mondays at 10:30AM: Preschool Story time (3-6years).
Mondays at 11:15AM: Chinese/English Bilingual Story time (all ages).
Tuesdays at 10:30AM: Toddler Story time (18-36mos).
Wednesdays at 7PM: Pajama Story time (All ages).
Thursdays at 10:30AM: Baby Rhyme Time (0-2 years).
Fridays at 10:30AM: Spanish/English Bilingual Story time.
Saturdays at 10:30AM: Family Story time.