1. Public Computer Help: Every Tuesday 10AM-noon. Our volunteer will help with computer research and printing. Free and open to the public.
2. Knitting with Arnie: Second and Fourth Wednesday evenings from 7 – 9PM. Open to all adults. Bring your supplies.
3. San Carlos Quilters Club: Second Thursday of every month at 10AM – 12PM for adults. Open to all skills levels. Bring your own supplies.
4. Tai Chi Class: Every Friday and Saturday at 10:30AM on 2nd floor in room A . For adults only.
6. Meditation for Adults: Tuesday, December 12th at 6-7PM. Join us on the 2nd Tuesday of every month. Learn light rejuvenating yoga, powerful breathing techniques, and blissful meditation.
7. Adam Miller: Folksongs of the Winter Holidays: Saturday, December 16th at 2:00 PM. Join us as Adam Miller leads us in a special sing-a-long featuring traditional folk songs for New Year’s, Hanukkah, Christmas, and the Winter Solstice.
10. Caving: Tuesday, December 26th at 7 PM. Join the National Speleological Society on the 4th Tuesday of every month to explore the world of caving.
1. Daytime Book Club: Monday, January 8th at 10AM is The Hidden Life of Trees by Peter Wohlleben.
2. Non-fiction Book Club: Monday, December 4th at 7PM is The Lost City of the Monkey God by Preston Douglas. This book club will no longer meet in 2018.
3. Mystery Book Club: Wednesday, December 27th at 7PM is The Western Star by Craig Johnson. January 24th is The Late Show by Michael Connelly.
ALL AGES SPECIAL EVENTS
Eating Disorders Anonymous: Every Monday from 8-9 PM. A free community-led group for individuals at any stage of recovery for all eating disorders.
Learn to Play Chess: Every Saturday at 11am. Chess play and basic instruction, all skill levels welcome. Chessboards and sets provided. Just drop in.
3D Printing: Every Monday from 6:30-8PM and on the 2nd and 4th Saturday from 2-4PM.
Teen Programs (6th-12th Grade)
Hour of Code: Wednesdays in December from 2:00 – 3:00 PM Celebrate Computer Science and Education Week with us! Bring your laptop or use one of ours and write programs using logic and creativity. Snacks provided. For 2nd – 9th Graders.
Winter Learning Challenge:December 11th thru January 16th. Don’t get the winter blues! Complete a reading log and win prizes! For all children and teens.
Reading Buddies: Sundays at 3PM and Tuesdays at 4PM. Practice reading with a volunteer in these 15-minute sessions. For preschoolers-3rd graders.
Cantonese/English Storytime: Saturday, December 2nd from 10:30-11 AM. Join us for this special interactive Family Storytime when we read books and sing songs in both English and Cantonese.
Crafty Mondays: Mondays from 3:30 – 4PM. Dec 4: Salt Dough Ornaments; Dec 11: Snow Slime; Dec 18: Gingerbread Houses. All ages. Guardian’s assistance required for younger children. While supplies last.
Baby Sign Language: Thursday, December 7th from 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM Learn how to use ASL to communicate with your baby and jumpstart your child’s verbal skills. This special story time is presented by Happy Baby Signs and is funded by the Friends of the San Carlos Library.
Paws for Tales: Thursday, December 14th from 4:30-5:30PM. Children can improve their reading skills by reading to a trained therapy dog. Registration required and a parent/guardian must accompany the child.
Posada Hour: Friday, December 15th from 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM. Join us as we celebrate Las Posadas, the nine days leading up to Christmas celebrated in many Spanish speaking and Latin American countries. Enjoy open- ended play as we listen to Latin American holiday music and eat tamales.
Holiday Storytime and Activity: Saturday, December 16th from 10:30 – 11:30 AM. Join us for a special Holiday Story time where we will read classic holiday stories from several traditions, sing songs, and make keepsake ornaments to take home. All Ages.
Kid’s Matinee: The Muppet Christmas Carol: Thursday, December 21st from 3:30 – 5:15 PM. The Muppets tell their version of this classic Christmas tale. Rated G. 1 hr 25 mins.
Christmas Craft: Friday, December 22nd from 11:00-11:30 AM. Join us after Spanish/English story time for a Christmas themed art project!
*Dragon Theatre’s Intro to Acting: Theatre Games: Friday, December 22nd from 2:00-4:30 PM. Get an introduction to acting and stage basics through fun games and activities. Presented by Dragon Theatre Company and funded by Friends of the San Carlos Library. Space limited to 12 participants. Register at smcl.org.
Noon Year’s Eve Storytime & Countdown Party! Saturday, December 30th from 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM Celebrate New Year’s at noon! Start with a New Year’s Eve themed story time, then dance and craft until our of special Noon Year’s Eve Countdown starts. Families of all ages welcome. Light snacks and beverages while supplies last.
Mondays at 10:30AM: Preschool Story time (3-6years).
Mondays at 11:15AM: Chinese/English Bilingual Story time (all ages).
Tuesdays at 10:30AM: Toddler Music Story time (18-36mos).
Wednesdays at 7PM: Pajama Story time (All ages).
Thursdays at 10:30AM: Baby Rhyme Time (0-2 years).
Fridays at 10:30AM: Spanish/English Bilingual Story time.
Saturdays at 10:30AM: Family Story time.